She had great ideas, and talked a lot about press releases and getting into calendars for local newspapers and magazines of any kind. I've never had much confidence in press releases, but I could see she was right as she told me stories about what she and David have done to get important people (including the NYTimes) in to see shows he represents.
I don't want to teach anything I don't really know myself, and I've long wanted to set up my own ongoing PR calendar but didn't know who could do it, and Andrea is such a goldmine of information and experience that I decided we should start with me. On Monday when she returns, she'll begin the process of spending some time on each day (that isn't too busy) coming up with promotional projects for me.
For example, when Andrea comes in on Monday, we'll start by promoting my upcoming NY Learning Annex workshop on Happiness. Not necessary, but I want to learn the ropes.
She already told me the first step:
PROMO LESSON: GET ON ALL THE LOCAL CALENDARS AND EVENT SCHEDULES
Find the names of every local newspaper, magazine, radio show, TV show, look them up on the Internet, find out who should get your press release. For the language this time, we can use what the Lg Ax already wrote or come up with something new.
Hot dog!!!
How I'm feeling:

No comments:
Post a Comment